As one of a series of virtual conferences organized by the International Association for the Study of the Commons (IASC), this virtual conference aims to broaden a dialogue between traditional commons scholars, practitioners and researchers from the IASC and related global change research communities, regional research networks and organizations working with Indigenous Peoples and local communities. These include but are not limited to the Global Land Programme, the Political Ecology Network (POLLEN), and others.
The 2021 IASC Land Commons Virtual Conference will be held from 13 until 17 September, 2021 and will be an immersive intense experience using various new technologies to provide an inclusive, low-cost, and low environmental impact event. Instead of traveling to the conference to attend panels and deliver a talk, as speakers, you will do the following:
1. Create and submit a video of your presentation with a maximum length of 10 minutes.
2. Answer questions during the conferene.
3. View other presentations and ask questions to other speakers.
4. Participate in Webinar conference panels.
5. Participate in networking events, which are Zoom meetings to meet people working on similar topics.
6. Participate in other conference events such as games, virtual field trips, etc.