21/09/2016 Vacancy: Programme management officer human settlements
The focus of this position is to support the coordination, implementation, monitoring and evaluation of the country level work of the Global Land Tool Network (GLTN), focusing on priority countries in Africa. These posts are located in the GLTN Unit of the UN-Habitat, in Nairobi. Under the supervision of the Unit Leader of the GLTN, the HSO will be expected to undertake the following duties and responsibilities:
- Initiate and provide substantive advice and guidance on the implementation of assigned projects and initiatives towards strengthening and scaling-up policies, tools and approaches for securing land and natural resources tenure.
- Ensure strengthening of the collective knowledge base on land and natural resources tenure security by initiating and disseminating action research activities, policy dialogues, learning exchanges and multi-stakeholder meetings.
- Through research and consultation with strategic partners, identify appropriate tools, approaches and capacity development initiatives suitable for project implementation and for possible adoption and application at country level and coordinate and support its piloting and implementation.
- Ensure, effective and timely execution of the assigned projects and activities by coordinating the delivery of project outputs and activities, strengthening the strategic partnerships and linkages, providing substantive inputs and guidance in project activities.
- Provide oversight and quality assurance to documentation, reporting and dissemination of lessons learned, experiences and opportunities for growth and scaling up of field or country level projects and interventions related to improving land and natural resources tenure security.
- Maintain and strengthen partnerships with strategic partners, regional and country level partners towards a more effective and partnership-driven approach to improve tenure security of the poor and vulnerable groups.
- Provide guidance and substantive inputs to and support to project-related missions, meetings and conferences including on learning and capacity development initiatives.