3 PhD scholarships in the social sciences at the Université Catholique de Louvain (Belgium).
The selected candidates will be inserted in an interdisciplinary research project, titled ‘Resistance to international prescriptions and injunctions in Africa and the Middle East’. The methodology of this project is based on a case-study approach that focuses on three core settings and on three policy domains:
- Rwanda – land/water policies -> contact person: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Senegal – primary education and child care policies -> contact person: email@example.com
- Jordan – gender/women’s rights policies -> contact persons: firstname.lastname@example.org et email@example.com
Candidates are requested to send in their applications before Sunday 26th of June 2016 (midnight GMT+1) to the respective contact persons.
Candidates must send in:
– a detailed CV, mentioning study results for each year and any other information that might be relevant for the evaluators (for example in relation to the requested candidate profile)
– a motivation letter of max. 2 pages
– a copy of their dissertation or any other academic text written by the candidate
– two letters of support from academics who know their work and can testify about their strengths
The call for proposals and further information can be found here: Call-PhD_scholarships-social science-UCL.